You Won't Miss the Carbs with this Zesty Cauliflower Stir-Fry by Chef Lorita Rowlett, Chef Liaison for the Parkland Fresh Stop Market
Summer is already hot enough but let's add some more heat! This stir-fry is low-carb substituting cauliflower for rice and it packs a punch with spices like cumin, paprika, and chili powder. Qdoba or Chipotle have nothing on this healthy, vegan Fresh Stop Market recipe. We hope you enjoy!
Zesty Cauliflower Stir-Fry
1 head of cauliflower, riced
1 bunch of spinach
1 bunch of curly kale
Green Onions, chopped
Lime (optional addition)
Spices (cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder)
Hot sauce (optional)
Olive or coconut oil
Garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
1. Trim the cauliflower florets, cutting away as much of the stem as possible. Break up florets into a food processor slowly and pulse until the mixture resembles rice.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive or coconut oil over medium-high heat. At the first wisp of smoke from the oil, add the riced cauliflower, and stir to completely coat. Consistency needs to be dry, but not burning. If needed, add more oil.
3. Add 1 tsp of salt and continue to cook, stirring frequently, adding in the cleaned and chopped green onion during the last few minutes, until the cauliflower has softened like a rice consistency. Remove from heat.
4. In a separate pan, heat up 1/4 cup of olive or coconut oil. Add in zucchini. After 1 minute, add chopped garlic, spinach, and hale. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until they start to brown.
5. Once the greens have wilted, remove from pan and add to the cauliflower. Add a tsp each of cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and chili powder, and stir in thoroughly.
6. For a zesty topping, add in lime juice and top with hot sauce. Enjoy!
These are the recipes collected from the talented chefs who volunteer their time at our Fresh Stop Markets.