Collard greens are one of those vegetables that the kids hate and the Grandparents love but with this recipe from Miss Mary, the whole family will be asking for their greens. Utilize fresh collard greens from your Fresh Stop Market share to give this recipe even more life. We hope you enjoy!
1 bunch collard greens
1 cup of veggie/chicken stock
1 clove of garlic (sliced thin)
1-2 TBSP of Olive Oil
1. Wash greens and remove the stems
2. Roll up and then cut into small pieces (about 1 inch)
3. Heat olive oil over medium heat and add sliced garlic. Sauté until fragrant.
4. Add collards to pan. Stir well until coated (be sure not to burn; continue stirring).
5. After about 5 minutes, add stock to cover. Sauté a bit more then cover.
6. Simmer about ten minutes until there is just a bit of stock left in the pan.
7. Plate and serve immediately.
These are the recipes collected from the talented chefs who volunteer their time at our Fresh Stop Markets.