While Kohlrabi is a part of the cabbage family, it resembles broccoli with a sweet-yet-peppery taste. Chef Kate Frakes at the New Albany Fresh Stop Market prepared a lovely Roasted Rosemary Roots dish which utilizes all of the summer vegetable staples. Enjoy!
Roasted Rosemary Roots by Chef Kate Frakes
Chopped green onions
1. Peel root vegetables if desired.
2. Cut beets, kohlrabi, carrots, and onions into desired sizes (smaller bits for faster cooking.)
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Wipe inside of baking dish lightly with olive oil.
5. Spread beets in single layer, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste, bake around 20 minutes then flip.
6. Add kohlrabi and carrots, drizzle with more olive oil and seasonings. Cover with foil and return to the over for another 15-20 minutes until veggies are tender.
7. Remove from over, let cool, and enjoy!
These are the recipes collected from the talented chefs who volunteer their time at our Fresh Stop Markets.