The summer heat calls for refreshing dishes. This Tomato-Peach Salsa is sweet, tangy, and refreshing. Add it to your next burrito bowl or eat it as a side with tortilla chips. We hope you enjoy!
Tasty Tomato-Peach Salsa
· 2 medium yellow or orange tomatoes, cored and diced/cut into ½ inch pieces
· 2 ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and diced
· 1 ½ tablespoons fresh mint, chopped.
· 1 ½ tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
· ½ cup of sweet onion (Vidalia), chopped
· 2 tablespoons of lime juice, plus more if desired for taste
· 2 teaspoons of jalapeño, seeded and minced; plus more if desired for taste
· ½ teaspoon kosher or sea salt; plus more if desired for taste
Tina Lee works as a Finance Assistant for a local non-profit during the day. By evening, the real magic happens as she transitions into a Culinary Maven for The Happy Chef, a Culinary Delivery Service that caters to community groups, working professionals, and small businesses, who enjoy the taste of delicious, wholesome food, delivered right to their office door. Tina’s love of cooking came as a teen girl, watching her family members cook up delicious, home-style meals for various holidays, church functions, and family reunions. She enjoys re-creating family recipes in new healthier versions and sharing these meals with family, friends, and in the community, at such venues like the Fresh Stop Market, Cooking Matters (Dare to Care volunteer), and Gilda’s Club Louisville.
She resides in Louisville with her family and grand pup, “Precious Baby,” and enjoys journaling/writing, music, the great outdoors and sharing her love of food and fellowship around the table with like-minded “food lovers.”
Tina loves the Fresh Stop Market concept and desires to share with others how fresh food can be prepared simply, tantalize our taste buds, and make us healthy at the same time.
These are the recipes collected from the talented chefs who volunteer their time at our Fresh Stop Markets.